PERFECT SKIN FOR THE SUMMER: HOT WAX OR COLD WAX?
Summer is coming and all those who want a smooth and bright skin are into the debate on the best hair removal method:
HOT WAX OR COLD WAX?
Two different techniques for facial and body epilation that meet specific needs.
WHICH WAX IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Let’s discover together the differences, the pros and the cons of these two methods!
Hot waxing is the most famous method of hair removal: it can be done by expert hands inside a beauty center, but it’s also suitable for do-it-yourself. As easily guessed by the name, before being used the wax is heated inside special wax heaters; once reached the melting temperature you can spread the wax on the area to treat and then remove it with a sharp tear through a strip of non-woven fabric.
On the market there are two different tools for hot waxing that allow you to heat the wax:
The wax heater with a pot offers the possibility of adjusting the temperature and is mainly used in beauty centers;
The roll-on wax heater can be used with special wax cartridges and it is the most practical solution for do-it-yourself hair removal.
WHICH ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF HOT WAXING?
- It is the longest-lasting hair removal method: smooth skin up to 4 weeks;
- It removes even the shortest and thickest hair;
- The heat of the wax weakens the hair follicles and facilitates the hair removal;
- Strong adhesion to the skin.
- It can be too aggressive for sensitive and delicate skins;
- The heat of the wax causes a vasodilation action;
- It can be painful, especially for those who suffer from varicose veins and capillary problems.
The cold waxing, unlike the hot one, does not require that the wax is heated before use, but only softened to facilitate the application. The two most-used types of cold waxing are hair-removing strips and the sugar paste.
- The strips are ready to use, you just have to heat them with your hands, apply them on the area to treat and tear against the hair;
- The sugar paste is a mixture based on sugar and water that just needs to be softened before the use. By mixing the compound with a spatula you get a soft mixture, to be spread on the affected area and to tear without the help of strips.
WHICH ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF COLD WAXING?
- It is the less aggressive hair removal method: ideal for sensitive and delicate skins;
- The low temperature of the wax reduces the perception of pain during the tear;
- It is recommended for those who suffer from varicose veins and capillary problems;
- Strips are the easiest and most comfortable solution for do-it-yourself hair removal.
- It has a shorter duration than the hot waxing: maximum 3 weeks;
- For the depilation of extensive areas (such as legs) many strips are necessary.
IS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHERS?
NO, it isn’t. There is not a better or more effective method than the other. The choice depends on specific needs and on your priorities. If you want a long-lasting result, you don’t have any problem and you are willing to endure the pain of the tear, then hot waxing is the best choice. While, if you have a sensitive and irritating skin, the best method is the cold waxing.